In case that Android files are lost or deleted unexpectedly, users are always suggested to make a backup for their phone data. And usually, most of them would select to transfer the files from Android to computer or other cloud storage drives like OneDrive, Google Drive and so on. But for Samsung users, backing up Samsung data to cloud would be more convenient cause they have an inbuilt cloud storage drive- Samsung Cloud backup.
Using Samsung Cloud to backup phone data would be simple and time-saving and you can go with the steps below to have a look at first.
Samsung Cloud backup allows users to transfer call logs, SMS, MMS and settings from Samsung phone to the Samsung server. It enables users to complete the backup within simple steps. The whole transferring process is as below:
- Go to Settings on your phone and find the option Accounts and Sync. Just tap on it and select Add account.
- Now you would see a list of accounts on the screen. Select Samsung account here and enter your account name and password. If you do not have an account yet, just create one.
- After entering the Samsung account, you need to click on Device backup and elect Backup.
- Then a window with different file types will pop up. Just tick the files you want to backup and hit OK.
- Next, click on Back up now to sync the files. If you want to backup the data once a day automatically, you can tap on Auto backup to achieve that.
These are all the details about how to sync Samsung files to cloud. And if there are some other file types that you can't backup with Samsung account, you can select other ways to sync the data. For example, Android Mobile Manager can be a good choice- it can backup almost all the files on Samsung.
Except for Samsung Cloud backup, you can download some other applications to backup Samsung data to cloud as well. And the followings are 4 high-rated Apps for your reference.
1. CM Backup
CM Backup is a free tool to sync Android files to cloud. It provides 5GB storage space for users to backup contacts, messages, music, pictures, etc. And the data saved in this cloud would be secure since only you can access to it. So it could be an option if you wish to get a cloud drive.
2. Easy Backup & Restore
By using this tool, you will be able to backup Android phone data to different kinds of cloud storage drives, such as Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive. And the supported file types include SMS, apps, call logs, bookmarks and other Samsung data. Besides the backup function, you also can use it to restore the saved data when a data loss occurs as well.
3. G Cloud Backup
With this tool, you are able to backup messages, contacts, videos and other file types to a safe cloud location and then you can view them anytime and anywhere you like. Although it is free but it is highly rated so you can take it into consideration.
4. Super Samsung Backup: SMS & Contacts
Another fast and free backup tool for Samsung phones is Super Samsung Backup. This tool would only backup files to Gmail. It can transfer various kinds of files from Samsung to Gmail, including SMS, call logs, bookmarks, non-Google calendars, contacts and Apps. What's more, it can bakcup Apps for SD card and can also delete the backup data on SD card.
It is obvious that we backup Samsung data for getting a copy of the files so we can restore them from the backup while losing data. Then, after backing up the data, you also need to know how to recover the wanted files. And certainly, if you backup your Samsung data with Samsung account, you must be able to restore the data with it as well.
- Navigate to Settings and choose Accounts to get the account list. Then select Samsung account among them and tap on Restore.
- Now you can elect the file types that you want to recover and then click on Restore now to continue.
- After that, a pop-up prompt will appear to ask you to confirm the option. Just click ok to start the restoring process.
For the users who choose to sync their phone data to computer or do not make a backup, they can use Android Mobile Recovery to get back the data from computer or their Samsung phone within clicks.
Copyright © android-mobile-manager.com All Rights Reserved.