Recently, many users would change their iPhone 7/6/5 to iPhone X/8/8 Plus. It is undoubted that a new iPhone could bring more wonderful experience to users. But meanwhile, some users would also be eager to get the way to sync WhatsApp messages from their old iPhone to the new one for the reason that they have saved some important WhatsApp conversations on their devices. Thus, this article comes to help you! It will provide several helpful methods for you to complete the WhatsApp messages transfer more fleetly and smoothly.
The most direct way to complete the WhatsApp messages transfer is to make use of the WhatsApp chat backup feature. By using this method, the whole moving process could be accomplished on your devices and no any other device or software is needed. But before starting the backup, you need to enable the iCloud backup function on your device at first. After opening the iCloud Backup, you can begin our WhatsApp messages transmission now.
- Launch WhatsApp application on your previous iPhone.
- Navigate to Settings> Chat Settings> Chat Backup> Backup Now. Then the WhatsApp chats will be backed up.
- Download and install WhatsApp on your new iPhone and then login with your phone number. Then a popup will appear to ask you if you want to restore your chat conversation. Just click on Restore here to sync the messages to your new phone.
If you want to transfer your WhatsApp messages without any quantity and quality loss, you are advised to use a third-party transfer software. And the recommended tool here is Mobile Phone Transfer, which is good at syncing data between phones. The file types that this program can move are various, including WhatsApp, contacts, text messages, videos, photos and so on. And during the transferring process, no any data would be lost. Just try it and you won't be disappointed.
Here are the free trials of this tool and the detailed operating process of exporting WhatsApp messages:
- Launch the installed program on your computer and connect two iPhones to the PC with 2 USB cables. Then select the Phone to Phone Transfer mode on the main interface.
- After that, the software will detect two connected devices automatically and list them on the screen. You need to ensure that your old iPhone is located at the Source side here. If not, you need to click on Flip button to change their positions.
- Finally, tick the App Data option in the window with several categories and tap on Start Transfer button to sync the WhatsApp files.
iTunes is good choice to transmit WhatsApp conversations as well. Similar to WhatsApp Chat Backup feature, to use iTunes to move files, you also need to backup the WhatsApp messages in advance and then restore it from the backup. The details are as below:
- Open up the latest iTunes and connect your old iPhone to the computer.
- Tap on the icon of your device at the top menu and select go to Summary> Backups section. In this section, you need to select and click the Back Up Now button.
- Next, you need to plug your new iPhone to the computer and go to iTunes> iPhone> Summary> Restore Backup. Then select the files that you have backed up just now and click on Restore to move them to your iPhone.
Using iCloud to sync WhatsApp messages is the final solution we suggest. If you want to use this way, you need to backup the files on your new iPhone at first since the existing data on the new phone will be erased when you choose Restore from iCloud Backup.
Now let's see how to operate the restoring process!
- Go to Settings> iCloud> Backup.
- In Backup section, click on iCloud Backup option to turn it on.
- Tap on Back Up Now and wait for a while to make a backup for your old iPhone.
- Then navigate to Settings> iCloud> Storage> Manage Storage to check whether you have backed up the files successfully.
- Start your target iPhone and go to Settings> General> Reset> Erase All Content and Settings to reset your phone.
- Finally reboot your phone and select Restore from iCloud Backup to complete the transmission.
Copyright © android-mobile-manager.com All Rights Reserved.